Planning for Kids Week 2017
Kids Week 2016 is now over but you can still take advantage of great deals on family-friendly shows year round, and get yourself ready for Kids Week 2017!
- Join the Kids Week community on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and updates.
- Sign up to the Official London Theatre family bulletin as this is where we will announce all the dates and shows for Kids Week 2017!
- If you're looking for a great deal on tickets, do visit the TKTS ticket booth in Leicester Square.
Theatre Trips with Young Children
To make your theatre trip as easy as possible here are some top tips from Kids Week Facebook fans!
- Plan ahead and leave plenty of time for your journey. Check for rail closures and replacement services before you set off in case you need to change your route.
- Read up on the show you're seeing so you can chat about it on the way. If you're going to a musical, listen to the cast album in advance.
- Enjoy London transport. See the sights. Go shopping. Have a meal out. Whatever you do, make every aspect of the trip an adventure!
- Make sure your children know exactly what to do in an emergency. For example, if they get stuck on a tube on their own, tell them to get off at the next stop and wait for you on the platform.
- Give your children a London I-Spy Guide or sticker book to keep them occupied and help spot iconic landmarks while travelling.
- Look out for black cabs that have a toddler seat in the arm rest.
- Take every toilet stop opportunity and make sure you go before the show starts.
- Pose for pictures outside the theatre as photography is not permitted in the auditorium during performances.
- Buy a programme to familiarise your children with the plot and characters before the show begins. In the interval talk about the story so far and what might happen next.
- If you nibble on sweets during the show, be as quiet as possible.
- Most importantly, have fun with your family and enjoy your theatre trip!